7.20.2012

Friday Feature: LeUyen Pham

At last! A Friday Feature on Friday! And on time! Huzzah!


And for this grand occasion of actually being able to blog on schedule, I would like to feature the lovely illustrator, LeUyen Pham!


Uyen (pronouced like "Win") was born in Vietnam but grew up in Southern California. She studied art at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. After graduation she went on the work with DreamWorks in their layout department. She started pursuing illustration even more and was able to quit DreamWorks after three years to travel the world and work solely on her illustrating!


Her work makes me want to pick up a pencil and start illustrating the nearest paragraph. The composition and way she makes your eye flow from one character to the next is amazing! Her pages are filled with gorgeous details and capture the greatest senses of light. And on top of that she watercolors, so of course I love her work! Having worked at DreamWorks, she also works digitally, as well as with pen, gouache and good 'ol pencil. 


She's also a whiz with computers so her website is one of the most entertaining ones I've come across. Her work has been published in numerous books and continues to inspire me when ever I flip through the pages of them. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments! I love comments!