A different take on the usual bits & pieces...sorry for a lack of posting lately. Still in a bit of a rut but also in an overhaul of outside projects. So here's some bits & pieces from lately as well as some instagrammy lately too.
- Reading: The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver and I just finished up Like Water For Chocolate which was a great read!
- Watching: Sherlock. Nonstop. I finished both seasons in 2 days. I'm severely disappointed that there are only a total of 6 episodes...such a tease!
- Inspired by: Jessica Hische and her Daily Drop Cap Project. I'm a huge typography nerd so this site is a gorgeous resource/source of inspiration!
- Making: PRINTS! I finally printed some of the carvings yesterday and I'm already carving more...
- Planning: to do a summer art market! I'm researching locations right now but it's looking like somewhere in Santa Barbara...stay tuned for updates!
- Wishing: I was in Austin for SXSW. Odd how a year ago I was road tripping from Cali to Austin right now...then 2 years ago I was en-route from Italy to Barcelona...and three I was still in Austin for school. Time is passing too quickly my friends...
- Impatiently waiting: for the day that I can fully support myself solely on my art/books...it can't come soon enough!
|The printings from yesterday! In the process of making them into card sets now...|
|An impromptu photo shoot the other day, which led to my new profile photos too!|
|The most perfect little succulent family...that I wanted to steal...|
|My little sis was asked to play her sax with a local band at a fundraiser a week or so ago...she rocked it! Want to see?! And got asked to come back the 2nd night too!|
|Cali likes to think it can be Tuscany...oh how I miss Italy...|