5.04.2013

my favorite quote

It's not exactly news that I'm not the most consistent blogger. I think last spring I had a streak of 6 days in a row, and I did manage to keep the Friday Features regularly for over 2 months at one point! I'm always torn between just keeping this little space in the blogosphere as a designated art/Etsy/findings space or making it a more typical blog. Not that it has to be either. I've liked it being the way it is and serving its purpose, but I also don't want to feel awkward when I want to blog just for the sake of blogging. 

So in an effort to try and just blog, I'm going to try tackling some of the topics from the Blog Every Day in May Challenge from Jenni's blog, Story Of My Life. First off, I'm already a few days late into the challenge. And I know right now I'm obviously not going to end up accomplishing all of them. But it wouldn't hurt to try accomplish some of them right?

Day 4 of the challenge is your favorite quote and why you love it...
I love this quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise. I first heard this quote when I was leaving Italy for the first time back in 2009. My RC friend that I made at the Study Abroad center wrote it in my sketchbook with the hope that it would make leaving Italy less painful. It did. It has since become sort of a tradition for me to write this quote in every sketchbook I have now. I even tried translating it into Italian this last trip in Terzo. 

We will see how this blogging challenge goes. Anybody else want to join in the challenge? Or do you have a favorite quote? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments! I love comments!