11.08.2013

bits & pieces

14 hours...that's how many hours I worked on one day this week. Since the time change, my sleep has been thrown completely out of whack and I woke up at 5:40 am the other day. Which luckily turned into 14 hours of productivity! Most days this week I have been down in the art bubble around 7:30 am until 10 pm, and that still doesn't seem like enough time. 

I have my first holiday market in 9 days, then another shortly after. So much inventory to make and still find time to stay on top of commissions. As a result, the blogging and interneting has been at a minimum. My bloglovin' feed is now at 412 unread posts, ha! I feel the need for a nap every day around 4 and have to resist. All of this somehow feels so damn good. It's really nice when I have a full day in the bubble and have my list of to-do's crossed off at the end of the day. It doesn't happen every day but when it does, oh it feels good!

In preparation for the holidays, I finally purchased some ad spots for the Sketchy Notions shop! I currently have an ad up on Maddie's lovely blog, and my ad will soon be live on Chantilly's blog! Pop over and show those awesome ladies some love! I also bit the bullet and got a twitter account last week. Can't say I have tweeted anything of mention yet but you can follow along if you'd like @sketchy_notions! Here's a peek at what's been happening these days via Instagram...
1. I just started an after school workshop where we made watercolors from scratch! I'll share more on that once the kids and I test our watercolors next week...
2. Another perk of waking up before dawn, catching the gorgeous fall sunrises. Is it just me or does fall have the best sunsets/rises?
3. This was a rough day. This was the last print printed on the old printer. The new one is a little temperamental but has lovely results.  
4. Last month we went to the 20th Anniversary of the Nightmare Before Christmas at the El Capitan in Hollywood. SO fun! Ken Page, the voice of Oogie Boogie, came out and sang his song.
5. October had some crazy spooky foggy mornings...
6. I had a long day working and teaching then came home and carved up a creepy pumpkin. Seems fitting. 

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog, Chelsea :) Your DIY watercolor paints (can't wait to hear more...) brilliant idea :) There is something about a fantastic designed site that makes me want to stay a while... think I will :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brianna! I just posted about the watercolors the other day, such a fun project! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll be back :)

      Delete
  2. That is a really creepy pumpkin! I hope you can get your work done and still have time for a little break!

    Stopping by from the blog hop.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! It was a little sad to toss that creepy thing away! Things have calmed down slightly so I finally have some time just to sit...before getting back to work! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. even though that was the last print your printer made, it came out so lovely! i love the watercolour flowers
    what kind are you using to print on textured paper?? mine HATES anything but it's own brand of paper, and it such a pain!
    also, i want to just run into that foggy field. you captured it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello! I love that little postcard but it's such a tease...the little bonjo just taunts me...
      I just got an Epson XP-810, it has a rear load option which is about the only way I can get any printer to print on my heavy watercolor paper. Love this printer!
      Foggy days are lovely here, it's hard to get any work done. I either want to curl up in bed with tea or just run around making photos :)

      Delete

Comments! I love comments!