6.22.2012

Friday features: favorite blogs!

This week has been insane. Absolutely insanely busy. I usually like living and working at small levels of manageable chaos but this week was beyond that. It was expected but it didn't make it any less insane!


Because of this, my Friday Feature(s) this week are some of my favorite blogs. After a long day of "show me big ice cream scoops and blow your bubbles!" followed by "weave it under then over, under then over," the one thing I want to do is vegge and be inspired to make some of my own work and escape from reality. 


Here are some of my favorite blogs that I go to for inspiration, crafting ideas, art making or just a good break from the blur of every day. 


 La Vita รจ Bella: Two Americans, and soon to be Italian citizens, living and working in Florence, Italy. This one is kind of a no-brainer for as to why it is easily one of my favorite blogs. 
Rob and Kate made the big jump to living in Italy in January 2010 and have been documenting their lives, travels and their process of becoming dual citizens ever since. They are a very lovely couple who have some very grand adventures and work very hard to make their dreams of living abroad possible. (I live vicariously through them with every new post!)


 A Beautiful Mess: This lovely blog is run by a pair of very crafty and talented sisters, Elsie and Emma. 


Not only do they post tons of awesome DIYs on their very inspiring blog, but they also run a vintage boutique and have their own line of clothing they designed AND have just finished their writing their second book. These ladies know how to get down to business and make it work, all the while still looking adorable and enjoying every minute of it. 





 La Bella Ironia: I mentioned the lovely Erin a few weeks back in another Friday Feature. I really can't get enough of her work. 


She is an incredibly talented illustrator, jewelry maker and an extremely hard worker (she's currently pursuing her MFA in Illustration right now). It's really inspiring how spread out and versatile she is. PLUS she has some awesome DIY posts. I can't wait to try this painted bottle one! 


 Feeling Inspired: Valentina Ramos is the mastermind behind this next blog, and some of my favorite art/designs/patterns(everything?) lately! I stumbled onto her blog last year and I've been addicted ever since. 


Her drawing style is so unique and so full of little details. I consistently love every new pieces she makes, and the fact that she's able to utilize her designs in so many versatile ways (towels, bed linens, notebooks, fabrics, cell phone cases...) 




 Cave In the Clouds: This is one of my newest additions to my ever growing list of blog addictions, but it's another no-brainer as to why it's high on my list of favorites. It's run the by the very young and very talented Miss Hannah Clare. 


She not only has a very inspiring blog, Hannah has a lovely Etsy shop full of some gorgeous handmade journals and she is an  art journaler (art trifecta in my book!) I've already spent so much time rewinding through her posts but I am so excited to see what she posts next! 


And there you have it! A peek at a few of my favorite blogs! Check them out and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. And there are soooo many more (really, my Bloglovin' account is out of control! After not checking it for 3 days, it was over 200 unread blog posts!) 


Do you have any favorite blogs? I'm always looking for more inspiration!



2 comments:

  1. Girl! You are so sweet to me! Thank you so much!!! I am so honoured -- definitely gonna check out all the lovely blogs up there! I'm especially eyeing up those art journals!

    Thanks so much again <3 xoxo
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience through this blog . Your style is so unique compared to other people I have read stuff from. I really like all the points you have made. Thanks for provide the best information. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I love comments!