I spent a couple days last week down in the odd but awesome Venice Beach. I LOVE Venice Beach. I've loved it since I was little. Yes, it is filthy. Yes, it is crowded. Yes, the parking is terrible. BUT! It's at the beach, it's surrounded by good food, it's eclectic in every way, everyone (I swear, EVERYONE) has succulents in their front yards, and there are canals. The canals are my favorite part of Venice. I could spend all day cruising up and down them sketching and shopping for my dream house. One day...
1. Every time I visit Venice, I always try to sketch at Cafe Collage. It's right on the corner by the famous Venice sign. Plus they have pretty tasty coffee.
2. I was lucky enough to be there on a Friday for the Venice Farmer's Market. I got my tasty pastry and cruised the canals for an early morning sketch.
3. I sketched this my first night back in town at the Canal Club.
4. A quick sketch of the coastline from the Venice Pier
5. Watercoloring the canals, right around the corner from my dream house!
6. A little souvenir from the beach, inside and out
7. One of my favorite restaurants down there is C & O Trattoria. We used to always go there when I was little. Tasty Italian food in a very entertaining space.
And a couple photos too...
Have you been to Venice Beach before? Do you like it or hate it?