1.01.2016

Weekly Postcard Love - the last postcards

Eek! Happy New Year everyone! 2015 flew by for me, and so much happened! The whirlwind started almost a year ago in January 2015 when Instagram listed me as a suggested user. And it just got crazier from there. 

In 2015, I met Instagram and Etsy friends in person, finished a giant piece for I Madonnari in Santa Barbara, applied and participated in my first Renegade market, collaborated with Etsy, had my photos shared by A Beautiful Mess and the Huffington Post, and finished my first ever 52 week project.

Each week, a new postcard to make and send to someone, somewhere in the world. I think the farthest one of them traveled was to New Zealand and the Philippines. The closest was right here in the Santa Ynez Valley. And now it's done! 

I'm in the process of researching printing options to turn them all into a book for me to keep since they're all in their new homes. These are some of my favorite photos from throughout the year and all photos of all the postcards are up on my website

Tomorrow I'll be starting a new weekly postcard project! This one will be very different compared to last year's. I'm more nervous about not completing this one, it's bigger and more daunting than the last. I'll be posting about it tomorrow morning on Instagram if you'd like to follow along with my 2016 weekly project! 




Are any of you lovely friends out there trying a weekly or monthly project in 2016? 


1 comment:

  1. It has been a joy to see all the lovely postcards on your Instagram each week! Totally looking forward to the next exciting set! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I love comments!