1.31.2012

dinos, doilies, paper bags & succulents!

An odd assortment of materials...likely my strangest combination since wine, twine and paper! 

First off, DINOS! I saw a version of a plastic dinosaur planter on Pinterest and had to give it a go! Plus I've been craving to have some succulents on my desk so it was a lovely, fun and easy combination.


On to doilies! I've had a little leather purse lying around for quite some time, and it need a little improvement. After a quick trip to the thrift shop, and a LOT of Modge Podge, I have this cute doily purse!



Paper bags and succulents...I recently started working with a non-profit called Arts Outreach, where artists are contracted out to local elementary schools to teach art lessons! I'm teaching a collage class and trying to focus on repurposing materials with the kiddos. After preparing for the first lesson, I was left with tons of paper bag scraps and handles. After a little inspiration from Design Sponge and some weaving, my birthday succulent plants found a new home.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments! I love comments!