11.05.2012

Terzo progress...

Sorry for the mini blogging hiatus. I took a trip back to Castiglion Fiorentino for Halloween and to visit with friends. What was supposed to be a 2 day trip turned into about 4.5 days of visiting, catching up, Antique Fair and shenanigans. Fantastic shenanigans but not as much sketching as I would have liked. But I still have some new sketches from right before the Venice/Bologna trip and this past week to share...
A FREEZING cold night sketch in the Anfiteatro and the view from the Guinigi Tower.  
Food wise. It's still pretty gloomy outside here in Lucca so today I did a bit of shopping and bought about €10 of cheeses and pancetta...which means carbonara is happening tonight! It's such a good cozy comfort food. Movie + vino + spaghetti carbonara = my lazy Monday night! Perfetto! 

I'm going to make a day trip to Florence tomorrow to properly visit/sketch that lovely city. No bags to haul, no trains to catch, no rush. Just me and Terzo on a date in Firenze. 

Gelato count...I've been slacking. 
Bit of collaging and more night sketching/quotes
The walls of Lucca on a lovely rainy day. 
More wall sketching, I could spend all day up there...
One of my new favorite Italian words, studio leaves and a 5 minute sunset watercolor
Rainy day sketch crawl through Castiglion Fiorentino down one of my favorite alleys... 
Meloncino sketches at La Piazzetta
Arezzo Antique Fair sketching
Late night sketch at Velvet Underground, then another favorite quote...
"start listening to the silent spaces in your thoughts 
and enjoy the wells of peace that exist within them"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments! I love comments!