5.24.2013

bits & pieces

It feels like things have slowed down so much but a lot has still been happening! Most of my lessons have finished for the school year but there are still some little art gigs happening. There are some HUGE things for the future being set in motion too. And then some very random bits happening here and there too. The slower pace is very welcomed, especially before the summer picks up! Either way, here are some bits & pieces from the past week or so...

1. Some new little succulent clippings to add to my collection! These were also used as table decor at the wine/art market on Sunday. 
2&3. Another mural at the C Gallery! This month's theme was "flowers," perfect for a little Diego Rivera. I really loved how the preliminary sketch looked on top of the old murals. Crazy how they are still hanging on. 
4. Our house has been taken over by a family of opossums! The mum died under our house about a week and a half ago (that smell was pretty horrific) and the babies keep surfacing in the garage, usually in the middle of eating the cat food. So far we have caught and relocated 5 of them! 
5. I helped out one of my old 1st grade classes with a sidewalk mural of a giant Georgia O'Keeffe poppy! It was so much fun getting all messy with some very chatty munchkins...
6. A bee through a magnifying glass. I love bee's wings...too pretty...
7. And a quick little watercolor of Tuttles for a friend! It's nice to draw his sweet face again!

Have a nice weekend! 

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE that first photo of all your clippings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea! I really hope they all survive, I'd love to have a patio covered in pots of them one day :-)

      Delete
  2. how crazy that you have possums! so sad, though its never fun to have them getting comfy in your house. and i hope you are letting yourself enjoy the slower pace a bit, it seems you are always (and admirably) juggling a lot of different projects. did you ever heard back about getting your book published? your sweet artwork would make such a great kids book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mary! Yeah it's pretty crazy! We think there may be one more still hiding out under the house, the cats are still scared to go under there! I'm taking a trip next week before the summer starts so that will help to enjoy the slow.... But Ill still have some projects to work on while there. Unfortunately I didn't hear anything good from publishers so self publishing route it is! Another thing on the to do list :-)

      Delete
  3. Ah, beautiful images. I'm a new reader here on your blog, thanks to the Totally Awesome blog hop! I'm really looking forward to seeing more from you!

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the blog hop, it's so fun to find new blogs! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Love succulents - your clippings are wonderful! And those murals - AMAZING! Possums are really cute, but only if they haven't taken over your home! How crazy is that! Coming over from the Totally Awesome Blog Hop - nice to meet you! Hugs, Chrissy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissy! I'm kind of obsessed with them...I want gardens full of them one day. I think our final total of babies caught and released was NINE! Insane! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Comments! I love comments!