5.07.2014

the creative collective: indigo photo hunt

It's been a while since I last completed one of the prompts for Melyssa's Creative Collective. Things have been busy is a bit of an understatement. But oddly enough most of my work these days works perfectly with the current prompt: go on a photo hunt and create a themed set of at least 5 photos. 

I could have used either chalk or indigo for the photos since I've had sooo many chalk projects come my way these past few weeks. But I'd like to share some of the Indigo projects I've had the pleasure of working on instead. Chalk will be shared soon though! I have another giant piece to finish up first before I can share the whole collection...

1. I had a giant dyeing day last week for a couple commissions that came my way. Too much fun!
2. Some of the larger pages were for a big, beautiful Indigo wedding album! I'll share more photos of that beauty soon...
3. The even larger pieces from the dye day were for a series of Indigo dip dye art panels. This is one of my favorites. I might have to make some for myself sometime...
4. I helped my sister and her 8th grade class make this quilt for a school fundraiser. Shibori Indigo glory! I wanted to keep it for myself! 
5. Natural side effect from all this Indigo fun: blue hands! 

7 comments:

  1. chelsea, seriously....you are so talented. and indigo - <3 it. i used to play with the medium a WHILE ago...would love to get back into it. ps i totally could see us hanging out and creating all day, just saying. two curly haired girls chilling over indigo, chalk, watercolors, and fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, please can we have a curly haired indigo creating day?! That sounds like a blast!! I feel like one of us might end up with a few curly strands of indigo by the end of the day too ;)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful set of photos! That quilt is especially gorgeous. This must be indigo season... I just started on a marriage certif for a couple whose wedding colors are indigo and ivory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I wish I was able to keep that quilt, it was gorgeous in person! It is definitely indigo season. The two commissions I had for an album and dip art came in within 24 hours of the other.

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful! Quick Question! Do you make the dye yourself? Also, did you make/dye that beautiful quilt. I definitely think I have found a new favorite color thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kolbi! No, I wish I knew how to make it on my own. I buy the Jacquard kit from Amazon and it's fantastic. The individual strips were each dyed by a different student in my sister's 8th grade class. We then quilted them together to be an auction item at her school's fundraiser.

      Delete
  4. What a fun project and very cohesive photo hunt! I love the dyed book! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I love comments!