Hello blogosphere. Oofah. Last night was the first night in almost two weeks that I actually got a full night of sleep. This morning was the first in who knows how long that I was able to sleep in a bit. I repeat, OOFAH!
It's a good oofah though, very good. I started some volunteering for a local group (more on that below). The Holidays are in full swing around here with custom orders for Christmas and markets. I had my first Holiday market of the season yesterday and it was the best market I have EVER had! I'm still a little shocked by how well it went. It's a nice boost of confidence going into my second Holiday season with my business. Makes me feel like I'm on the right track with this art as a business life I'm building.
In other business-y news, I finally started an Official Sketchy Notions Newsletter! It's high time I finally did it and I'm working on the first post to be sent out this week. I'll be sharing the latest news from the shops, upcoming markets and some special coupons for you special folks. If you would like to sign up, there's a link on the left sidebar or you can do so right here at this link!
Here's a visual peek at everything that's been happening around here lately. If you can't find me here on the blog, chances are there's proof of my still being alive over on Instagram.
1. My newest seasonal card collection! I'm a bit in love with that Thankful card (it was one of the most popular items at the market yesterday!)
2. Halloween is my favorite Holiday so I tend to go all out on my pumpkins. I carved this beast with my linoleum carver. My costume was pretty good too, I was grumpy cat.
3. This is one of three Mini Traveling Sketchbooks I've made, all of which SOLD in the first few hours after listing them. WOW. I'm in the process of making some more too so keep an eye on the Etsy shop!
4. I had never made a photo of all my own traveling sketchbooks together until recently. These are all my babies.
5. My mentor Laura-Susan Thomas and I have been meeting at Bob's Well Bread in Los Alamos lately. It's pretty much the highlight of my day when we go there. So good!
6. I recently had some of my Instagram photos from this past summer in Italy printed through Prinstagram and I LOVE the results! They're so fun to just tape up on the wall.
7. My most recent mural for the C Gallery in Los Alamos. The theme was blackbirds.
8. I spent last weekend at Camp Roberts in Paso Robles for the Youth & Government T&E 1 Conference. It's a mock legislature program for High Schoolers. I participated when I was in High School and I became an advisor for our local delegation a couple months ago. It's pretty inspiring being surrounded by over 3,000 politically charged high schoolers!
9. The sunrise yesterday morning as I was getting ready for the market!
10. I may not like Christmas much but I do love being able to decorate my booths up the wazoo for the Holiday markets!
How's everything going for you guys? Find any cool goodies at any markets lately?