10.27.2014

Italy in black & white

During my second year of interning in Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy, I started making pictures with my film camera. We processed about 3 three rolls in our dark room at the center and I only developed probably three photos because things were so hectic all the time.

And so my negatives sat in their sleeves for these past few years. Up until about a month ago when one of my good friends, who happens to have a film scanner, took it upon himself to scan ALL of my photos! 

It's so fun to finally see these photos! Bits of Rome, Venice, small towns around Tuscany, Castiglion Fiorentino and even my trip to Spain. Way back before I had a smart phone and used Instagram obsessively. I love these photos so much. I wish I had been able to develop them myself in the dark room but finally having scans of them at last is so nice. These are some of my favorites. 



1. My favorite alley in Castligion Fiorentino, just behind the study abroad center
2. Vicolo Ripente, the steepest road in Castiglion Fiorentino
3. The view of the valley from Montepulciano
4. A little lady in Pienza



5. A couple of nuns in the Pantheon in Rome
6. Stormy day in Venice from a vaporetto
7. One of the coolest markets in Barcelona
8. Park Guell in Barcelona

2 comments:

  1. i love every single one of these! #2 literally took my breath away!
    film is such a dying art...and it makes me sad. i'm so thankful my brother shoots and develops in film (i haven't used a dark room since 9th grade, and i MISS that process but i would have no idea how to do it now!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I love comments!