9.14.2015

the Sketchy Notions rebrand



I've been working late hours and posting teasers galore and last Thursday I finally revealed all the big changes! It may not seem like it, but there are quite a few changes and improvements to my little Sketchy Notions world...

First off, new photos and look! I enlisted my besties, "the Kellys," to help me take new head shots. I had the idea for my personal website to have collages of brushes, paint, tools, treasures and assorted things from the bubble (similar to what I've been doing in some photos for my Weekly Postcard Project this year). 

Taking photos for my website menu photos was simple, but getting a giant overhead shot of me surrounded by a life-size I Spy photo was going to require more than a stupid selfie stick... 

So, this is pretty much what the photo shoot looked like. Kelly 1 on a chair standing over me. Me on the floor laying on giant pieces of watercolor paper in front of a bright window. Me holding another piece of watercolor paper to reflect light. Kelly 2 helping arrange and set up all the goodies. Then after a little editing with Gimp,  voila! Clean white backgrounds and new photos galore! 



My personal website got a huge overhaul. New menu photos, new bio, new links...the works! I'm a bit in love with the new menu photos. It's all just a lot cleaner and easier to navigate.

The new changes also carried over to the Sketchy Notions Etsy shop with a new name, new headers and new products. There are new sketchbooks and my new babies, Embroidered Wedding Guestbooks! I've been wanting to make some of these for a while and they're finally here! There's new designs in the works too and I'll open up a listing for custom covers too. 
One of the biggest changes is to the Etsy shop. I'm now listing a select selection of cards and prints in the Etsy shop as well as the Sketchy Notions shop. It was time. I've been having more and more people going to my Etsy shop searching for my postcards and prints so it only made sense to finally offer them in both shops. 

The Sketchy Notions shop also looks a bit brighter and cleaner as well! All new products and prints, including all three of those designs up above! The little girl throwing leaves is by far my favorite! 

I'm working on Christmas cards and new products too so those will be coming soon. If you're not already signed up, you might want to pop over and get on my mailing list. That's the best way to stay up to date with new product launches and upcoming Holiday deadlines! Christmas is coming, whether I want it to or not...oofah...

3 comments:

  1. Haha fun, it looks great! Look forward to seeing new things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am totally obsessed with your new branding (and meant to say it sooner!) - and the fact that you got that picture yourself = LOVE
    you are always so dang talented friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I love comments!