11.05.2018

Your Year in Art - book #2!

Hi all!

Another post...within a matter of weeks...it's a miracle! But in all seriousness, I do feel badly neglecting this little corner of the interwebs. This blog was the only "Sketchy" thing I had for a long time. Back before I ever owned the domain, had an Etsy shop with that moniker or made this a business. The Sketchy Notions blog is the oldest bit of Sketchy I have.

And now, there's a new addition to the Sketchy fam...my 2nd BOOK! I already shared about my 1st real published book, Modern Drawing, which published in June. Earlier this year in January (the day before my 30th birthday), I got an email from my publisher, Quarto, asking if I'd be interested in writing another book! The answer of course (after lots of running around the house squealing) was a resounding HELL YES.

This also meant I would have to write book number 2 while preparing to attend the National Stationery Show in New York City for my first time...and preparing for the 3rd summer of Italy retreats...AND, at the last minute, fly down to San Diego to film my workshop collaboration with The Crafter's Box! May and June were insane to say the least.

BUT! With all the late nights and panicked deadline days, I got it all turned in. A week or so ago, I got my first physical copy of my 2nd book and it's adorable.

Your Year in Art is a book designed to help you overcome blank page anxiety and artists' block! There's a prompt for every week of the year to keep you creating and making all year long! It's so colorful and fun inside and I'm in LOVE with how it turned out!

I've been sharing more peeks inside the book over on Instagram lately but I also wanted to share some of the pre-order details over here too. Pre-orders of the book are crucial for the first week of a book launch. All pre-orders count towards the 1st week totals which then helps the book show up more prominently in searches on Amazon, which can then lead to more orders! More orders = happy publisher = even happier Chelsea!


You can find the book on Amazon and at Barnes & Noble now! If you pre-order, be sure to send me your receipt and I'll send you the 2019 Coloring Calendar download! You'll also be entered into giveaways of signed books, original art and some art packs! YAY!

Take a peek at the book below and I'd love it if you considered ordering up a copy of Your Year in Art. It would make a great gift this Holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments! I love comments!