5.01.2012

24 before 25 update...

How is it May?! That just kind of snuck up when I wasn't looking...

It has now been 14 weeks, almost 4 months since I started my list of 24 before 25, 24 goals I would like to accomplish before my next birthday. 

New Year's resolutions always seemed like a joke and I never took them seriously enough to follow through with them from one month to the next...with that in mind, I wasn't sure what to expect with this very daunting list (and my typically absent ambition).

But so far, I've actually been keeping on task and staying motivated with quite a few on my list! A lot more than I anticipated after looking it over...

This could will likely be long and boring but bear with me. (and I really recommend making one of these...)



1. Organize/downsize: doing alright, had a big stuff purge in January and been keeping tidy since!

2. Etsy into a business: I'm happy to say YES to this one, and just recently with the addition of the Pearl Snap Earrings! My Etsy shop is getting some love!

3. Blog more: these have been my most active few months of blogging since I was in Europe...

4. Save more money: slow on this one...the trip to Austin and to Monterey has put a damper on this but it's a work in progress...

5. Sketch more: less for the fun of it and more for projects, so I guess that counts...my minis need more attention tho...

6. Network: business cards, check! Website, CHECK! Facebook page, CHECK! twitter.......not sure I'm quite ready for that dark side...

7. Stop biting my nails: COMPLETE!!! For the first time in 2 decades I have nails! Stoked!


8. Get back to ATX & mini roadtrips: Yep! Got to Austin and trip to Monterey! Next up...maybe Muir Woods? Death Valley? Yosemite? Zion National Park?

 9. Guitar: this is probably the most neglected on my list unfortunately...I have tried but it's hard to find time for it...must remedy that.

10. Sew more: I'm actually in the midst of sewing a couple tank tops up for some screen printing testing! Not sure how all this will go...sewing jersey is a big stronza!

11. Books into print: Still a work in progress, couple more illustrations on Lumen then ta-da! Livi and Grace need a few more too but they're coming along.





12. Send books to publishers: same as above...gotta finish the little buggers first! And also get the guts to get send them it...

13. Illustrate more: same as 11 too I guess. I have been illustrating a lot more but still a lot more work to do...

14. Keep art bubble clean: it's been....relatively organized..for my standards atleast...

15. Write more kid's books: Yep! I wrote a quick story for my good friend Tasia and her son Tallon and I have about 4 more I need to write//finish up!


16. Make an edition of 5 Artist Books: YES! Got that one done!

17. Start handprinting: with this makeshift screenprinting attempt it will be a yes...

18. Teach art lessons: Check! Been teaching collage for the past 4 months! And I have 4 workshops scheduled for this summer!!!

19. First skin tattoo: it may be a bit prison style...but it counts! A little low on cash to buy my glorious Bishop Rotary Tattoo machine...oh how I want thee...

20. Surf more: hmmmm....I'm a bad beach bum. But maybe it's a good thing since I've been so productive elsewhere?


21. Don't lose my Italian: I haven't! It's been rough but facebook chatting with Italian amici has helped, and the occasional skype sesh works wonders! And the random dream in Italian is nice too!

22. Make pasta & focaccia: I've made gnocchi twice and have been hankering for some legit focaccia...maybe this week....

23. Write letters: damn....failing this one. Big time. Anybody want a letter? I'll write you one! I've been making the cards, just need a recipient.

24. Make more photographs: actually, I have. Albeit a lot have been for the blog but I have been making more photos in general. May have to post them...

So yeah! That's the latest on my list. I'll post an update in another couple months but I'm rather pleased with their progress. I have 2 written lists hanging in my art bubble and bathroom for constant reminders but I think what's helping is that I actually really want all these things.

It's not like a resolution to lose weight (2 years in Italy makes you gloriously stop caring about that, for fear of missing out on a killer meal...) or something else I would easily dismiss 2 month into it, they're actually things I really want to happen in my life and work towards accomplishing. So I guess we'll see where this goes in the next 8 months...I will likely be moving to LA and getting into the stunt industry (more on that another time) so we'll see how this list progresses further!

2 comments:

  1. Ill have a letter :p
    This sounds like a good list. I would love to do this but with my 25th in 2 and a bit weeks think it might be a bit ambitious. Maybe for my 26th, gargh thats a scary number ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pippa! I'll be needing your address then!
      25 in 2 weeks would be super ambitious...maybe 25 minor things while you start plotting your 25 before 26 list! It can be pretty daunting but it's definitely worth it. The gal I got the idea from finished up her 28 before 29 list, she has some nice ideas: http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/11/28-before-29-recap.html

      Delete

Comments! I love comments!