6.30.2012

Chair Faire part 1

Chair Faire is coming! And the preparations are under way! They may look like not too much right now but I have big plans for them! 






























All the way back in March, I wrote about my travels through Texas and the discovery of my lovely turquoise chair. I bought this one with the intent of transforming it before the faire and putting it up on the silent auction. On the day of the festival, I will also be painting another chair on site! This second chair I found here in the valley at a thrift shop. 



























The other day I finally started working on these two chairs. About time too since they both have quite the extensive to-do lists...and I don't exactly have a lot of free time on my schedule at the moment...


 

 

 

 
I only had time to get both of them sanded down. During which I probably inhaled a lot of  pretty turquoise lead paint...being properly masked and all...and of course wearing the appropriate shoe ware...oops.

It was a scary moment cutting out all the pretty weaving on the back of the Texan chair. But I'm hoping my replacement will be just as neat. There is still a lot to do but I'm sure they'll be a lot of fun. Especially since I have new upholstered anything before...eek!

In other (awesome) news, my illustration from waaay back for Watercolor Wednesdays is being used over at A Teacher Mom in a post about creative play! Hooray! 

More on these chairs soon. And more posts this week about all my kiddo projects! 

2 comments:

  1. Great finds! Can't wait to see the 'after' pics for these chairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pretty fond of both of these babies, I can't wait to finish them up :)

      Delete

Comments! I love comments!